One of the most important factors in preserving the beauty and quality of your hardwood floor is the way in which you care for it. A big part of caring for your hardwood floor lies in the cleaning method that you use. Cleaning tasks will vary from time to time and this calls for appropriate cleaning methods at the appropriate time. Considering this, you will need a very good vacuum cleaner which is able to conquer various cleaning tasks with ease. Of course, there a lot of vacuum cleaners on the market today and it might not be easy to choose the best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. The following tips and pointers should certainly help to you to make the best choice that will certainly help to preserve your beautiful hardwood floors.
Understanding the Basics Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
One of the first things to keep in mind when buying a vacuum is that there are different types of vacuums that are suitable for hardwood floors and other vacuums which are suitable for carpeted floors. Carpets vacuums usually comes with a “wash” or “steam” feature which might not be suitable for your hardwood floors since they do not react well to excess water. Understanding this difference brings you one step closer to selecting the best vacuum for hardwood floors.
Top 5 Best Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
|Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge||(4.2 / 5)||$$$||Review|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Standard Vacuum||(4.4 / 5)||$$||Review|
|Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum||(4.4 / 5)||$$$$||Review|
|Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum||(4.3 / 5)||$$$||Review|
|Bissell PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum||(4.3 / 5)||$||Review|
Features of a Good Hardwood Vacuum
- No Beater Brushes. Some of best carpet cleaning vacuums comes with multiple beater brushes. While these brushes works great to remove dirt and stains from carpets, they would not work so great on hardwood floors. Your hardwood floors require gentle care and these brushes would only cause damage to the floor. Therefore, make sure that the vacuum you chose doesn’t have any brushes at all since they will only scratch and scrape your beautiful wooden floors.
- Rubber and Felt Strips. As was mentioned previously, anything that can cause scratch or scrapes on your hardwood floors is a definite no-no. Vacuums that are lined with rubber and felt strips are actually providing a protective barrier which serves to eliminate or greatly reduce the possibility of your floor being damaged and scratched by any abrasive object.
- Sweep and Mop Functions. You will most certainly need to sweep your hardwood floors and you might even need to do some occasional mopping as well. A vacuum which has both these functions will be an asset to you. It is important however to use very little water when mopping since hardwood floors don’t react well to excess water. Having both a sweep and mop option will eliminate some of the hassle of cleaning since you can switch effortlessly from sweeping to mopping.
- Great Suction Power. The beauty of any hardwood floor shines through when it is spotless and clean. A vacuum with great suction power will ensure that all objects – no matter how tiny- are removed from the floor. If your hardwood floor has a certain design that has lines or any small space in which pet hair and dust can get stuck, strong suction power will leave that area clean and debris-free.
- Compact and Lightweight. Lightweight vacuum cleaners are easy to manoeuvre. Therefore, you won’t need to struggle with it and this will help to eliminate the possibility of your floor being scratched. Additionally, a lightweight vacuum will be of benefit to you since it will be a lot easier to handle and will take some of the hassle out of cleaning.
Check out other Customer reviews
There are lots of customer reviews on numerous types of vacuum cleaners. It could be very beneficial to you to read some of these reviews in order to get some insight on a particular vacuum that you might be interested in. These customer reviews can serve to be a kind of guide or advisory channel which you don’t have to pay for. The reviews will also provide you with a lot more information than you would get from a simple product description. Customer reviews can help you to make an informed decision when choosing a vacuum for your hardwood floors.
Before You Buy
The above information should be enough to start you off on your search for a vacuum cleaner. Ensure that you do adequate research both on the type of hardwood floors that you have and also on the type of vacuums that goes well with that particular hardwood floor. You also need to have a clear budget in mind. By doing research you will get an idea of the varying prices for vacuums and you will then need to see which price matches the best with your budget. Doing your research will certainly be beneficial and it will help you to choose the best vacuum for hardwood floors.